Feb 4, 2002

What a good weekend!
Friday night Kate, Adrienne and I went pub-hopping up in this are called Angel. There were tons of pubs of all types, all in a row. The first one we stopped in was called The Angel, and was pretty packed. Some man told us we had just missed a girl throwing chairs. Weird. Then we met an Australian and a Canadian, and while we were chatting with them this crazy girl came in screaming about two feet behind me and getting all in this other girl's face, screaming and pointing. We all started to go to the back as one of the bartenders tried to seperate the girls and ended up getting pulled all around, and some dude was about to throw a chair. The other bartenders started yelling at everyone to "get back!" and a BRAWL broke out. It was crazy. Another bartender got a fire extinguisher and sprayed it on the people fighting, but this one guy kept beating up this other guy and then when he got up off of him he kicked him again. It was vi-o-lent. Once everything had calmed down, we started to leave. The boys were comforting the girls on the floor, and there was a PILE of hair on the floor. It was gross gross gross. There was more hair in that pile than what I have on my head. Ugh. The police were outside with the bartender that sprayed the fire extinguisher and we booked it up the street. We popped in a few other places then ended up at this place, the name of which I do not know. We chatted with some people there and when they kicked everyone out at 1120, we went down to this bar we'd gotten a flier about, called the Blue Angel. Apparently it was free entry and there was a DJ and it was open till 2. Score. No one was really dancing when we got there, but we danced, and pretty much started up a dance party. It was fun. We met some blokes there as well, and almost went with them to meet an american friend of theirs, but decided to head home. We got home around 130 and I had a sinus headache starting up, which wasn't a fun ending, but the night was great. I love dancing, and meeting people, even though we're not ever going to see them again, haha.
Saturday morning I got up at 9. My head felt horrible. I got ready anyways and we went to the tube and rode over to Embankment. I almost got off and went home, but I'm glad I didn't. We met up with Jess at a tube stop, and with Raffi and Hannah at the London Eye. The rest of the group was MIA so we went on. It wasn't anything amazing, but it was pretty cool. By the time we were getting off, my head was starting to feel better. They take a picture of you in the little pod thing when you're almost back to the beginning, and we all made "scared" faces. Jess bought the picture, it was funny. Kurt was there when we got off, he didn't get there till 1150 and decided just not to go on. We all decided to walk to Brick Lane and get Indian for lunch. It was a nice walk along the Thames, and then we just kept walking and walking. Right when we were all getting tired and hungry and verging on whiney, we arrived. Raffi bargained with the guy at this place called Saffron, and we got 10% off the bill, and a guarantee that if we didn't like our meal, we didn't have to pay for it, no worries, haha. I had Chicken Tikka Massala. I think that was the first Indian food I'd had since one time in tenth grade. It was really good, I was happy. We parted ways after lunch, and went back home.
We chilled for a couple of hours then went to meet Erin and her dad at the Rock Garden, in Covent Garden, for dinner. I had this tortellini with pumpkin or something, it was weird. It was incredibly rich, and although I didn't love it, it was good. The restaurant was pretty cool. We ate inside, but they also have an outdoor area with those heaters, and they kept it surprisingly warm. Kate and I split Rhubarb brulee for dessert. What exactly that means, I'm not sure, but it was creamy and good. Erin's dad was really nice, we all had a nice time. Kate and I were going to go to the club/bar part of the Rock Garden where they supposedly have pictchers of cocktails, but it was a club night and it was £12 to get in. So instead, I bought Sex and the City and we went back home again.
Saturday night we all stayed in. At ten, I almost went to a club with Kurt to meet up with some people from West Tenter, but decided against it, since my sinuses still weren't quite 100%. He ended up walking there and just came back anyways because they weren't letting anyone in for awhile. Open Your Eyes was on (original, Spanish movie that Vanilla Sky is based on. I got too sleepy to finish it but although some parts are JUST LIKE VS while other parts seemed out of order, and the whole movie seemed really rushed, and you didn't get to know any of the characters as well. It was still good, but I think I will say VS was better.
Hmmmm it's almost 6 and we've got a touch-base meeting with the program heads and our flat at 630. Time to go home. Details on Sunday another time. . . . A good weekend though, and I saw the Superbowl. yeay pats
haha
xoxo

No comments: