Feb 26, 2002

241 pm
doing ... nothing
looking up hotel type info for Amsterdam. Tulips and Anne Frank's house? It will be fantastic. It might even be spring by then.
Don't know if I should be doing anything. I keep playing with the KwikFit cover. I don't like them. :P
As for life outside of this building ... things in the flat have been really good lately. Amanda has been friendly and good lately. The big "flat talk" on Thursday also went really well, and I think we were all pretty happy with outcomes.
Saturday we all stayed in, Mike and Adrienne went to the video store and we watched The Thomas Crown Affair and Grosse Point Blank.
Sunday I took a bath (which was difficult, and therefore worth mentioning). I had to sit with my head forward and it was uncomfortable and sad, I was so afraid I'd bump it. In the afternoon, Kate, Adrienne, Mike, and I went to Spitalfields. They have everything you could possibly want. I am definitely going to go back when I'm feeling better, and dig through all of the really cheap clothes and pictures and cds!
Sunday night Erin and Bart returned from Ireland. Erin and I walked up to return the DVDs and took out Bridget Jones's Diary. When we were coming home, there was a boy outside, trying to buzz up to a flat (you can't hear a thing on those phones), and lo and behold, it was John (the wonderful Australian bar tender at Deux Beers who WALKED the forty minute walk with Mike to the hospital, he is also our new best friend.) He came by to check up, aww. Up in the flats, he asked if he could see my cut, I'm thinking "eww" but I let him take a look. I was soon mortified because he announced that I had something stuck in my hair, and tugged a little and said "oh look what it is" and it was the stone from my ring! I am not disgusting, though, because it wasn't in my hair the whole time - after he walked home from the hospital (!) he'd gone into the pub, put on the lights, and saw my little blue stone in a crack. Amazing. I was soooo happy. See why he's my new best friend? He stayed and watched Bridget and then we all crashed.
Yesterday was class, we watched a version of Metropolis with a "contemporary" soundtrack featuring Adam Ant and Freddie Mercury. Yep. I took the tube home.
Last night Kate and I returned Bridget and went to Sainsbury's, the other new love in my life. Aaaahhh.
Low key nights.
I think A. and I are bringing thank-yous to Deux Beers tonight. I'm nervous. Eeeek.
Have a good one

No comments: