Feb 13, 2002

1130 am
Success! Of course it works. And no need to use up my precious batteries. Granted, I feel anti-social when I'm listening to music, so I usually don't do it for the entire day, but when I don't I'm not sitting around having conversations, so. Whatever.
This morning I've done... nothing. I retouched the vodafone mock-up I've been working on, while I checked my email/emailed/read everyone's journals. That took me till 1045 or so. Then I asked if there was maybe work I should be doing, so I started scanning, but then the thing I was scanning off of was needed for a meeting. So then I typed up this super confidential letter ... dun dun dun. Now, it's just me and the blog. Hmm lunch in an hour and a half ... what should I have today? Toast and jam and some grapefruit? Ah, yes... sounds like breakfast, but mmmmm. Yes, that is what I'm doing. I have nothing else to do besides blog and think about lunch and I could write some emails. Haha. Usually I'm pretty busy ... not today.
Roommate troubles are all coming out. I'm willing to admit how bad the situation sucks. The thing is that it sucks from Mike and Bart's perspectives, too. No one is very happy. Turns out she and the girl from the other flat requested to move to West Tenter the first week they were here, and requested again last week. Good thing is, a girl over there is supposed to be leaving mid-February because she was doing a 5 or 6 week student teaching thing. I also heard though, that they won't go unless they both can. Maybe they will though. Maybe I'll have a double single? I'd take a new roommate though, seriously, I don't think it could be worse. It's not even that she does anything, it's just her horrible, bitchy, self centered, condescending, introverted attitude and it's wreaking havoc on everyone in the house, except maybe Kurt. I don't know. No one's that happy. It's still "okay" but it's getting kind of uncomfortable. I'm thinking maybe Christy and I would just switch spots if they don't get to move. It'd suck for Mike and Bart but it would be great for me. Oh well, we'll see.
Hmmm still not doing anything. By the time they're done this meeting and I do the scanning, maybe it will be lunch time. I'm going to drop off my film from Bath, and it should be ready tomorrow. I wish I'd done it this morning, because then I could have got them back after work. I need to figure out some sort of FTP thing to use so I can put pictures up. I'm sure I can use the scanner. I can sort of do whatever I like here, it's nice.
I was just thinking I could sign onto quick buddy... but it's 630 a.m. at home.
I'm psyched for my fam to come! Calling them tonight to get their info/finalize plans. I'm not coming into work Monday, which means a full day Friday, but it will be worth it. I think I'll prob miss class too. I think I can just borrow Kate's notes. He said last week "next week we'll be watching old German movies instead of old Russian movies." Haha. The class is definitely more interesting than that makes it sound. It's not very difficult, but it's interesting, especially because the class is long enough that we can watch entire films. I don't know if I already mentioned it, but a couple of weeks ago we watched L'Appartement which was interesting. I think we watched it for it's narrative style.
back to work!

No comments: