Feb 12, 2002

Hello Blog! And blog readers.
Things are good here in London.
Bath was FANTASTIC. You got to walk around on 2000 year old stones that Romans walked on and their original drainage systems still work. I've never been to a historical site like this one - everything was just right there.
We went up Friday on the bus and stayed in a hostel. The hostel was pretty cool, run by young people, crazy murals on the walls. Each room was a different music genre - we were all in Rock and my bed was The Eagles... weird. There was a bar in the basement, which was tiny and really old, with curved ceilings. The bar wasn't extensive but the people were friendly and all drinks were £2. There were couches and loud music and a pool table and people. We got in kind of late so when we went out to check out pubs, almost everything was closing, and all of the places with late licenses were clubs charging £5 or so to get in, and none of us had the energy for it at that point, so back to the hostel, which has a 24 hour liquor license (so the bar is open till 6 am....!), for another drink, then off to bed.
Saturday we got up pretty early, got breakast and went to the Baths. It was a beautiful day and after we took a long walk up towards the Royal Crescent. We went through a park with ponds and a botanical garden on our way and ended up trekking past the Crescent. We made our way back and over the the Museum of Costume, which was kind of a let down. It started to rain when we were trying to find somewhere to eat (not an easy thing to do in England at 430 in the afternoon, since places are open for lunch, then close till 5 or 6, and are open for dinner - or they at least shut their kitchens down - - you can always get a pint). We ate, stopped back at the hostel, and got on the bus, got back late, hung out, and went to bed, thank god. Haha. I was exhuasted, but it was really fun.
I slept from pretty much midnight Saturday till 11 Sunday, it was fantastic. It was a great day out and Adrienne and I went to Camden Town for the markets. We both ended up with some great candles, I got a great bag for only £8, a simple little wire toothbrush holder, a present for mum, and shower gel from the Body Shop that was on sale! It was great - they have evvvverything at that market, and it was great to be outside on a nice day. Sunday night we went to see Gosford Park at the Barbican, which was only £5 and had very comfy seats, but no popcorn. I really liked the movie. I came home and there was a message that Adam had called, so I called him back and talked forever which was really good.
Yesterday was class and work and it was a great day for mail! In between class and work, I found a PACKAGE from mum with socks and valentine's card!!!, a package from study abroad with some reminders and two issues of The Scarlet, and a package from RLH about housing, at which I could laugh and be filled with joy at the thought of no more dorms! After work Mike gave me a package slip belonging to me and I ran to the post office and got it before they closed - it was the package from Lori and it was soooo much better than I even thought it might be! It was a birthday/christmas/goingaway/valentines gift with FOAMING HAND SOAP! and lotion and caaaaaaaandy and stickers and stuff all in a powerpuff bag
Okay I'm on AIM Quick Buddy now and everyone keeps popping up into my typing so I'm gonna go.
Filthy McNasty's tonight, I think ... Shane, Bono? Will you be there?
xoxo

No comments: