Feb 7, 2002

Thursday 330 pm
blog blog blog I'm at work. I forgot to bring music with me today. Most people here don't listen to headphones or anything, but somedays when I know what I have to do all day, and it's just sitting a computer by myself, I like to bring some tunes. Oh well.
It's gloomy and damp here today, granted, it is every day, but today it's a little chillier and damper, or something. . .
I finished reading Sex and the City the other day, and started The Graduate yesterday. Yesterday was very productive, I also finished making valentines, watched Sex and the City (2 episodes every Wednesday - yesssss), and made a batch of twice baked potatoes, which I only baked one and then froze. I'm so domestic.
Weeknights here in London tend to be low-key. Tonight will probably also be house-bound, but I have things to do! Tomorrow afternoon we are going to Bath (yeah, several people have already made that joke), on the bus. I have never taken the bus, well, at least when it's not a field trip or something. We're staying in a hostel (also have never stayed in a hostel), and coming back Saturday night, weeehooo. I can't wait. It'll be better than the Rosetta Stone. Ooooh I just got really excited thinking "but nothing will be better than seeing Paris!" Paris, I've waited so long for you! I think I'm going April 25 with Kate. I think I will probably die upon sight of it. Aaahhhhh.
So today had a really exciting start, because on my way out to go to work, I saw there was mail in our box, which happens every day, but today there was mail for MEEEE. Yeay! It was from my mom, it was a "hi" note and two bookmarks. One of which has a pastel, cartoony girl in a hat and country dress with like, some birds, and it says "celebrate your special day" or something. I don't know where she got those from, but I laughed. I was happy. THEN I check my email and have a letter from Danielle - she and Meredith bought their tickets and are actually coming to visit! I was soooo happy. They'll be here for St. Patrick's day - which has to be good.
My family arrives a week from tomorrow - I knew the first 6 weeks would fly by. I was just thinking about what the rest of the weekends will be like, and they're going to be verrry busy. Over our Easter break in March, I think we might be going to Amsterdam. Apparently they're having this giant tulip festival. And we'll go tour Anne Frank's house.
When I was coming back from lunch today, I was just thinking about how much I've accepted this as my life. I wonder what it will be like when I go home?
So yes, this week has been pretty low key. We found out about some movie theaters near us that are only £4-5 to get into. Sweet action. Kate and I need to see Gosford Park for our class. There are 3 or 4 movies out over here that I really want to see. I may just go by myself sometime, I still have never done that.
What else, what else? Mike and Amanda are pretty sick. Yesterday Mike stayed home, today Amanda stayed home. It's kind of weird when I go home for lunch and they're there, I think that's what made me realize how into my routine I am. Amanda has been kind of sick for a good 2 weeks now, it's kind of scary - just because the longer it goes on, the more chance there is I'm gonna get it. I'm pretty amazed that (knock on wood), I haven't been sick yet. Well, except for the day I threw up all morning and couldn't go to work. But that was early on. Maybe I got it all done early? I don't know.
All right... I guess I really have nothing to say... Things are good. Tonight I'll probably fill out some cards, get things ready to mail, wash some stuff for the weekend.... oh, and watch the Sopranos. Haha.
It's supposed to rain this weekend.
At least there won't be the gale-force winds of last weekend.
Take care, xoxo

No comments: