Apr 17, 2002

Mmmmmm it's beautiful today. Not quite as hot as I hear it is at home, but beautiful just the same. Why, I would like to know, is there sweltering heat in Massachusetts, but not in Barcelona? Temps for when I'm there should be in the 60's :P What's that about? Plus, it's a little early for the Mass heat wave, no? Usually it hits during finals week, so I can truly say I've never really studied for Spring finals at Clark. I hope the heat holds up till I come home, I could use some intense sun! :D

Yesterday was gorgeous as well. I used my morning to do laundry, write some postcards (I have mass amounts to send, so friends, watch your boxes), annnnd regain peacefulness within myself. What? Then I headed off to Portcullis House at Parliament where Erin gave Adrienne and I a personalized tour. Pretty cool, I mean, this is the head of the UK government. I've never stood on the floor of the Senate, but I was in both the house of Lords and the House of Commons. The House of Lords is ridiculous it's all goldleaf, to a disgusting point.
some pictures
We saw Erin's office and met the MP she works for, which Adrienne pointed out should fulfill my "seeing/meeting some one famous" quota. We had a yummy lunch for hardly and money so it was wonderful. We each had the grilled tuna, and it was wonderful because it definitely tasted grilled which was totally appropriate to the beautiful day :D I can't wait for summer and barbecues at the beaver trap!

The meeting last night was mediocre, and accompanied, as it was last time, by an odd assortment of food including: icky bagels, cream cheese, yogurt, grapes, clementines, a large apple tart, Fanta, and a pizza so large we had to cut it in half before we could fit it in the oven.

Some one in the office just walked by and they reek (reak?).

I've been in for an hour and no one has asked me to do anything yet, so here I am. I didn't do any work yesterday afternoon, either. Hm. It's okay by me ... I should have brought my book though.

Nothing exciting to report. Talked to the girls last night. So weird that I'll be seeing everyone in a little over a week ... Sleeping in my comfy home bed in a week and a day. SO weird.

Not much else going on. Have not seen hottest-guy-ever again. Just that one day in front of the office.

Group dinner tonight ...

Take care .... Clark kids, have a great Spree Day, I'm incredibly jealous

xoxo

No comments: