May 6, 2002

1226 a.m. May 5

A good weekend. I have been home 11 days and have stayed at Clark for 4 of those.

Friday night I went down to go out to dinner with the girls. We went to Biaggio's and it was goood and this woman sat down at the booth across from ours with her daughter and her daughter's friend, right before we got dessert. We were at Biaggio's for almost 3 hours and Lay had to get up and stretch her legs out and some how this got us talking with the woman about remembering when we were 9. Turns out she used to work in the public affairs office at Clark. After dessert the bill came and we had just got the money together, when the manager came over and told us An anonymous person would like to take care of your bill. We thought he was kidding, but no, he called our waitress over and said the woman at the other table wanted to take care of our bill, our $95 bill, and the tip. We were overwhelmed, to say the least. We offered to babysit, which she refused (although her daughter was begging her to let us, haha), and just said When you're settled, do this for some one. Stay good kids. I couldn't believe it.

Later, I went to the Blarney with Kate, Lay, Aaron and Brady. It was SUPER loud, as always (well as it was the 2 other times I've been). A boy was there, Justin ("this just in", remember?, the boy who was amazed by the fact that when singing Ani songs I could occassionally sound just like her...), who I nearly dated sophomore year. He was a friend of girls we worked with and I don't remember how I met him but we hung out with them all a few times and he would call me up and I blew him off at their halloween party, and then again when we were supposed to go for coffee. So, anyways, I was trying to avoid him. I felt like it just wouldn't have been a fun convo, and I know that's my own fault. Me Aaron and Kate went to the FooBar, where the music wasn't quite as loud, but it kinda sucked, especially since it was trying for a mini-club atmosphere, and there were all these silences between songs. I'm 95% sure I saw Lindsay from high school there, we made eye contact and didn't try and make screaming-small-talk, which I was happy about. The crowd there was very sporty and very gap/a&f. It was overwhelming. We went back to the Blarney, and this-just-in was still there, as were 9million other people, who all seemed to be incredibly tall. I swear I was the shortest girl there. Anyways, we didn't stay long, and me and Kate came home at like 130. Soon, the others came back, with JamieSalo and craziness ensued including dance routines and AaronWilson continually sitting on me. I crashed, fully dressed, in Lori's bed with her, and after 4 uncomfortable hours of sleep, came back to the burg.

I never went back to sleep but hung around, chatted with the fam, drank coffee, and showered, and headed back to meet up with Meliss and D. We went to Tatnuck for lunch and had a sucky waitress, but we got 10% off b/c I go to Clark, and I applied for a job. We got watermelon sherbert at Friendly's (yum), and went our seperate ways. Bought a 6 pack of SamAdamsLight, intending to hit Adam's barbecue, but stopped by the suite first and got all distracted, then Doug called about going to see Spiderman, so I went and it was great, I really really liked it. :D Hung out with him at Jones St. and Todd and Meredith showed up and I showed everyone pictures and we blabbed and played some video games and I headed back to Clark at 1, in a last attempt to reunite with the girls. Ricci was in the suite (with Richard - back from Madrid - yeay!) and pointed me to Suzanne's party. I arrived as they were leaving and we came back to the suite. And hung around doing not much of anything. I was cold, AaronWilson was drunk, Vin was hanging out with Mo and I discovered that he is a big BadlyDrawnBoy fan. If this is the case for anyone else check out About A Boy - the movie & soundtrack.

I fell asleep in my sleeping bag at some point, on Kate and Lori's floor while Katie and Richard were still watching the dance video and didn't wake up till Katie's alarm went off at 1040. I'm pretty achey considering how long I slept. I was tangled in my sleeping bag and couldn't move for awhile when I first woke up. Frightening.

Dropped off an app. at Vinny Testa's, where Kristin from LHS99 was hostessing. It was an LHSclassof99 weekend in Worcester, apparently (although neither spotting was strange considering I think K is at assumption and L is at Worcester State). Hopefully I could work there, I bet it would be great money. I've got the experience. Then it was home home home. I worked at J&Bs. It was just like always. Made okay money, realized out of everyone working I'd been there the longest. For awhile I was sitting at the table in downtime with all these kids fresh out of high school or still in it, and it was just weird, I wish I could explain it better without sounding like I'm all miss maturity or something.

I have a headache and it's not going away. Thissss blows. Maybe now that I've semi caught up, I can start writing more intelligent things.

I miss the city

xoxo

No comments: