May 16, 2002

3 pm may 16

Hello Hello
I have once again found happiness and a renewed faith in myself. Well, that's exaggerating quite a bit, but I'm happy because I almost have a job at the Webster House restaurant. I filled out an application today and talked to the owner for 10 minutes, who said I was perfect for the position. I have to call back after 330 to talk to the hiring/scheduling manager to make sure I can get the kind of shifts/money I need/want, and that what I need/want fits with what they need/want. Even if I don't get it, I just feel a little better about applying places. I hate looking for jobs :P

Yesterday I worked at Crossroads, which also made me happier, because I finally made a decent amount of money! I was home for awhile, then at fabric stores and WalMart where I found great $2/yard fabric for a jedi costume (yes, I was talked into it). Went to JonesSt. and cut out all the pieces. Went to Papa Gino's for like 2 hours with Tim, which was fun times. Although he never smiles or appears to be having fun, Tim is fun. Haha. It was good (and interesting) to hear his perspective on some things. Back to the apartment (15 minutes late - dun dun dunnnn), and the needle had broken on the sewing machine anyways. Jamie tried to finagle me a Jedi costume from the pieces, but it just wasn't working. Off to the theatre (way early), and it was an interestingly geeky ride. The infamous JoePerna sat two rows behind me and I had to say hello and point out how Kate mentioned him every day in London. We shook hands. Wonderful. Some senior Clark folks were there, too, but not in our theatre. The movie got out after 2 and we went back to the apartment and stayed up way to late. Thus ended the night of geekiness.
Headed out around 1130 today and did some job - app stuff. One of the places advertising for waitresses had already "fulfilled the position" boo to that.
And now I'm home, and off to work. Of course, what else do I do, really?

xo

No comments: