May 14, 2002

1248 am may 14 - happy birthday meliss
Hullo!

Things are good here. I've been working every day and don't have a day off till the 19th. Argh. Crossroads sucked last week, which makes it hardly worth the drive ... Last Friday after work I went to Adam's which was mostly just strange. All these people from work were there (half of them still in high school), and 5 or 6 kids I went to high school with were there (mostly from Adam's class except Mike D. from mine). It was strange. I introduced myself to Dave Cohen. I didn't know it was him. Oh well. Dave Court was there and we stood on the porch and talked about JoshFalk and Hans and stuff and Kevin from work, who is a junior in high school, was talking about Hans. So funny. Dave says he thinks Hans is coming back from California again. He always does. It was so random to see him at that Fitchburg party last spring, and soooo Hans, talking to me about girls for 45 minutes in the middle of a party after not seeing me for probably 2 years. I left with Angela and Beth at two.

Saturday worked the lunch shift, expecting to make something crappy like the $ 4 I made doing that shift once, but it was amazingly busy since there were only 3 of us on, so I walked out with something like $75. Not bad for lunch. Picked Lori up around 6 and headed to Springfield for the Eleventh Hour show. Stood around in the parking lot for a long time, feeling old. Most of the crowd was definitely in high school, and probably 15. I realized it was a lot like those shows I set up junior year. Heh. Marc was there, which was fun because I haven't seen him since their show at the Avalon the summer after freshman year, and that was only quick, before that it was the spring of freshman year before he left for tour in Japan. What craziness. He lives in Worcester. Maybe when he's not too busy touring he will come to the beaver barbecues. He seemed taller. The boys' set was way too short, but fun. Jamie was on bass and Tim was on drums and it was a fun change. I heard a couple of new ones but would have liked to have heard more because I really liked them, more in the way I would like them if they were just some songs from some random band I didn't know. Does that make sense? Basically, they were more my taste. After the show Lor and I bought drinks and a frozen pizza and interrupted Tim and his girl at Jones St. Woooops. I set off the smoke alarm and Tim was distressed. Doug came home, and soon Katherine and Brendan too. Hung out for a bit watching old SNL and split. Got home around 2 and for some reason signed online, finding a boy there that I hung out with a few times freshman year, who I met through Marc. Haven't talked to him much since then, except briefly and randomly or at shows, but I immed to say I'd seen Marc, and we talked till 4 a.m. Random. I was cracking up though. I of course invited him to barbecues and we exchanged numbers. Talked to him again briefly last night and reaffirmed our wanting to hang out. So random. It'd be great to see him.

Sunday was Mother's Day and work was only okay. Cyndy and I did dinner up for Mum, and she said she had a good day. Today it was back out to Crossroads, and with the rain, and it being a Monday, I of course only came home with $25. This needs to end.

Cyndy and I saw Incubus tonight, with the free radio station tix. It was fun! We had dinner at Applebee's and for me not knowing much of their stuff, it was a good time. It was Cyndy's first big "concert" deal, too, so that was cool. I think she had a lot of fun.

Unfortunately it's back to work again at 11, so I'm outs.

x

No comments: