Mar 4, 2002

252 p.m.
I've been here almost an hour ... no work to do yet . . . Andrew is coming over in "5 minutes" to tell me about something to work on. I wonder if it will be okay to ask to take a half day tomorrow and work a full day Friday? I feel like once the tyre thing gets going I'll have lots of work to do, Steve is just retouching it now or something like that so we'll see.
Last Wednesday we had John over for dinner, which was fun. He is really fun, and really interesting. He stayed for Sex and the City, which was amusing. The first episode was a sad one.
I spent Thursday afternoon running around the city for work, trying to find 6 more copies of the "Student Veggie Grub Guide" for NatWest's promotion. I only found one of the right version and 5 of the old version. I speed walked around London for 3 hours. At least is was pretty nice out. When I got back to the office, Andrew was telling me about what I needed to do Friday and ended up saying I didn't need to come in, which was great. I actually went in for a few minutes, since I live two minutes away, and printed stuff out. It should have taken 15 minutes but things got messed up and I was there almost an hour, so I was late too meet Adam at Heathrow, but he was only there for 10 minutes before I got there, which was good.
Friday afternoon we just kinda hung out, Adam went to sleep and I went to Sainsbury's with the flat 5 girls and their visitors. After dinner, we hit Deux Beers, where lots of people were dancing on the bar (of course). I was nervous for them, but they were okay. All the bartenders that saw us fall last week were up there - even Mike was up there with John. People kept half falling off - like when they tried to get down, they'd try to enthusiastically to jump from bar stool to floor and would tumble over - but they were all okay. We stayed till the bitter end - songs like bye bye miss american pie and midnight train to georgia, and the lights came on. We went to Tinseltown after and I had a great shake. Mmmmm.
Saturday Adam and I went with A, K, E, and Helena and Abby to the Tate Modern. It was great, I loooved it. They had a Pollock, lots of other good stuff, and this really cool pharmacy installation. We parted ways after and Adam and I walked over the newly reopened (and now safe) Millenium Bridge, which takes you from Tate to St. Paul's, then it's only about 15 minutes home or so. Got fish and chips at the Golden Fish bar with Bart and Adam. Yum. Met Melissa Shannon herself, and her boyfriend, at the Baker Street tube station and went to Raffi's show. It was pretty good, we got to sit in a private alcove. It was Clark galore and kinda weird. Left after his second set and went to check out the Old Crown - sister pub of Deux Beers, and supposedly more fun (as told to us by John, who we were supposed to go see there). It was closing down by the time we got there (1145?) and so were lots of other things. We walked around a lot, up Charing Cross Rd. and stuff, and home. It was fun. There were tons of people out! I realized I need to go to those areas more often.
Yesterday we got up way early and left at 9 for Victoria. Took the bus to Salisbury, then a connecting bus to Stonehenge. Four hours of bus, yes. Had 30 or 40 minutes at Stonehenge, which was better than I thought. I didn't really care about going, but then Adam mentioned wanting to go, and the other girls were going, and Bart and Mike went to. It was a big group. I got excited when we pulled up to it. You have to like pay to get inside this fenced area, but you got an audio guide and it was only £3 or so, and I think it was worth it. I maybe could have used 20 more minutes, just to listen to more of the guide or whatever, but it was good. Then we took the bus back, including a 1 hour layover in Southhampton. There was a lot of bus. Adam left us at King's Cross to explore, and I did homework, called mom and dad, and Danielle. Looks like we might be going to Paris in two weeks! I can't believe it.
We've got an outing planned with Raffi and Ben Coakley tonight, which should be fun. Dinner and Bully or the iMax.
Have fun...
xoxo

No comments: