Sep 26, 2002

mariss keeps telling me i've been "jolly" lately, and everyone else seems to agree. apparently, i obviously love life this week. haha, really, that's only good.

today i was oh-so productive. my 5th year app is coming together nicely. i had to pick a specialization within the Public Communications department, and I decided on Marketing Communications. After talking to my dad tonight, I got psyched for life and realized I have a career goal. This is good for many reasons. For one, I now have something to write in my essay on my career goals for the program. Also, I feel like Mark-comm is something I would enjoy doing - a nice mix of creative/design type stuff with all of the communication/discourse stuff I've been doing at Clark. It makes me sort of look forward to doing 5th year, as opposed to looking at it purely as a free master's and a way to hold off "the real world" for another year.

So, today I gave one of my recommendation forms to TimShary, another one to SarahMichaels, and faxed the last one to Andrew in London. I also brought a copy of my paper to StudyAbroad, and briefly discussed that with Sarah when I saw her - she said it looks good from flipping through it, which is enough to make me happy. Let's hope I'm still happy when she grades it. I think I will be, though, because it is a good paper.

Work was good, except Sean felt like it was okay to make sexist comments because he's gay "I'm part of a minority too." This morning in t.v. we discussed some feminist theories and criticisms and so I just had it in mind all day. Let me just point out that women are not a minority. We are a marginalized majority.

anyways, i need to go to sleeeep. i have to rub vine charcoal all over two pieces of newsprint tomorrow a.m. before class :P

it's almost the weekend!
xoxo

No comments: