Jun 29, 2002


I've decided to start putting pictures in blogs. That one was taken by Doug on June 4. It is hanging on our fridge. It isn't my favorite, but it's kinda funny.
I worked tonight for the first night in what seemed like forever. Although I don't feel like I made much money, it does break down to $10/hour in tips, which isn't bad considering it was a slow night. I don't know the people I work with very well, it's always strange to start a new job, and not know anyone or their stories, and to be the new girl. I don't feel like I'm not welcome or something, but I don't know them the way they all know each other. There's also not as much downtime and time for chit chat like at J&Bs (which is nice, from a working perspective). Anyways, it's still going well there. I only had 3 scheduled shifts this week, but got put on tomorrow morning for the parties, and am working Monday and Tuesday before we go away, which is a relief.
Last night, I reluctantly (I dunno, funky mood) went to a party (went to hang out) at Marissa's boyfriend's house. There are maybe 20 of us (Clark kids) living on Beaver Street right now, and we all hang out together most Thursdays Fridays and Saturdays (or so it seems) . . . yet, I still don't know any of them. I thought maybe it was just me, but the other girls share my feeling. It's just strange. Anyways. The keg actually froze, because this guy Dave decided to chill it with dry ice they could steal from the lab where he works. Brilliant, Dave. I learned how to play flip cup. A whole bunch of us walked to the FooBar in a slight drizzle, and I had the best time dancing for hours. Kinda needed that. Walked home with Aaron and Katie, no rain, just Aaron shaking trees so we got soaked untill we wised up and walked in the street. It was a good night.
xoxo

No comments: