Jun 26, 2007

There's a lot going on. Making wedding progress... signed up for two excersise classes through community ed ... my office is moving. I even, dare I say it, feel happy. I didn't expect to, especially considering how crummy I felt 2 weeks ago. Maybe I dealt with what I needed to then.

Work has been going well. This new job I started in March was the best thing ever. I feel like it's a real job, with real responsibilities. Not that the past 2 weren't, but I guess this one's just a good fit and I can say "yeah I do this." It's mostly independent, and working with a small (15?) group of students. My boss is totally laidback and has a thousand other things going on so as long as things are going smoothly for me, and getting done, he focuses his attention on the other 999 things he's got going on. It's just good. I'm moving my office Thursday which is sort of a daunting task (which I have, of course been procrastinating on). Luckily, once I mail out the boxes of stuff filling my floor space, I just need to dump files into boxes (my predecessor cleaned and organized thoroughly before leaving). One fun thing is I'm not actually moving anything, as opposed to moving apartments, so there's none of that "hmmm can I lift this?" worry.

Had dinner with an old friend last night. We reminisced about college.... I think the best thing was just having all of your close friends living close by. It's so strange now to be spread out and have to make plans 2 weeks in advance to see each other. Oh well .... at least we do, right?

No comments: