Jun 11, 2007

I'm totally re-hooked on reading. It took me the better part of a year to get through Love in a Time of Cholera. (Sidenote--remember Serendipity? It's the book she puts the note in). Not that it wasn't good, I just wasn't all that interested in picking it up. Normally if a book wasn't holding my attention, I'd swap to another one for a bit, but I wasn't feeling it. Then suddenly I cruised through the rest of it, read Julie & Julia in a matter of days (very fun book, maybe me really want my own project, or to take a class--something!), read Postcards on vacation (interesting/different) and now I'm nearly finished with the Mermaid Chair.

I think my new voracity for books is also partly due to my now being hooked on the train. I love taking the train to work. It's so easy, even when I don't get the express, I love it. My trip is quick and smooth and there's no traffic and 90% of the time the train is right on schedule.

Things are good.

Adrienne and I are talking book swap. What should I read next?

No comments: