Jul 16, 2003

yesterday i got my car fixed ... well it wasn't broken but i took it in to get the airbag recall deal fixed up, which makes me happy. spent an hour hitting balls on the board at the high school. bought ugly new shoes for work (but they're comfortable & appropriate, i wore em today). had lunch with mum at panera! yum! my sister got me a new abe lincoln book "the wit and wisdom of ..." score. looks pretty good. i also finished the end of the affair. i was surprised how much of it was about god. it was a sort of devastatingly sad book, for example "It was as though our love were a small creature caught in a trap and bleeding to death: I had to shut my eyes and wring its neck." I don't know what to read next. I have lots of used books to choose from.

today was just work ... funeral reception of 39 people ... just me working it ... $$$. excellent. didn't do very much this afternoon besides some reading and a lot of dishes but that was very productive. class was all right except the sort-of-friends i sit with kept talking, not whispering but talking ... it was a pretty boring class, but that was just rude. the student presentations were highly uninteresting and the information was highly repetitive of 161.

things i forgot to mention .... went out last thursday with people from work. it was good times, interesting. there were 7 of us, then 6, then 5 for the end of the night. we definitely need to have a party somewhere so the younger ones can come and everyone can hang out. that's when i really got to know everyone last summer. the worst/weirdest part of the night was this funny/weird guy at the bar pulls kris over and eventually kris is like, uhm jen this guy wants to hug you. you look like his friend that died. what do you say to that? so i hugged the man. it was weird. not in a sketchy way but more in an i'm-a-surrogate-dead-girl --- saddest kind of way.

tons of random people all know some one who looks like me, but i don't know anyone who looks remotely like me, and neither does anyone i know. in a store once a woman was actually talking to me and called me "emily" as did the child in her cart. it was a long time ago.

goodnight.

xoxo

No comments: